Top Menu

National Home Staging Statistics

  • The National Association of Realtors reports that if you invest 1-3% of the value of your home in staging, updates, and repairs, you could make an additional 8-10%. US Housing and Urban Development states that on average, a staged home will sell 17% higher than a comparable home that is not staged.sales-advantage-staging
  • In the 2012 HomeGain National Home Improvement Survey Results found that home staging has an average return-on-investment of 196%.
  • The 2012 Real Estate Staging Association (RESA) Report found that if you invest in home staging before listing you will sell 87% faster.
  • RESA conducted a study of 359 homes which were staged prior to listing. On average, the staged homes received their first offer in 26 days. Almost 20% of these homes received multiple offers.
  • Four of Five homes are now being staged prior to being listed. That is your competition!SBS-Graphic-Revised

Over 90% of buyers view homes on line prior to checking them out with a visit. This means you must have an amazing MLS photo and staging helps your home stand out enticing them to visit in person.

  • HomeGain 2012 survey found the top 10 things to do before listing to be:
    1. Clean, organize and remove clutter
    2. Lighten by opening the drapes and brighten with brighter bulbs
    3. Electrical and Plumbing – small repairs like a leaky faucet
    4. Landscaping – dead bushes ages all homes
    5. Staging – I’m all in on this one!
    6. Carpet- hire a pro to clean carpets
    7. Floors – are very visible and need attention
    8. Paint interior – trim and walls
    9. Kitchen and Bathroom – space and cleanliness is vitally important
    10. Paint exterior – always consult your Realtor before a big ticket fix
  • Only 10% of people can visualize what a space would look like furnished, while the other 90% cannot see themselves living in the home.
  • Buyers will remain in a vacant home an average of 5 minutes but linger in a furnished home an average of 40 minutes. The longer they stay the more you have a chance to sell.

2015-staging info

Even the National Association of Realtors agrees!

Close